Yoga is a very ancient method of practicing energy knowledge, combining philosophy, science and art. Yoga is based on ancient Indian philosophy, and mental, physical and spiritual discipline has been an important part of Indian culture for thousands of years.
1. The meaning of yoga
Looking at the world today, yoga centers are everywhere, especially in cities in North America and Europe. It seems that people take yoga classes wherever they go, and there are also a large number of world-class celebrities, who are in politics, business, art. They have made remarkable achievements in different fields, such as the world, but they are fascinated by yoga. E.g:
1. Rock poet Sting, 45-year-old pop music leader Madonna, publicly demonstrated difficult yoga moves
2. In 2001, the American "Time" magazine used yoga as the cover to introduce the health trend sweeping across the United States.
3. Prince Charles of the United Kingdom uses yoga to cure back pain, and more than 500,000 people in the United Kingdom also learn yoga.
4. IBM uses yoga practice to recharge its employees and is full of creativity.
5. Singer Donna uses yoga to balance her emotions, martial arts star Yang Lijing uses yoga for rehabilitation.
6. Diving star Tian Liang
7. The Indian military began teaching yoga to 100 soldiers at a medical institution stationed in Ladakh, Indian-controlled Kashmir, at the end of 2005, at an altitude of 3,350 to 4,570 meters.
Lieutenant Colonel Batra, a spokesman for the Indian military, said that in high-altitude mountains, yoga stretching is a good way to train soldiers, because other training methods are not feasible, and even the shortest distance running can make people gasp. Not only that, but since soldiers are stationed in "high pressure areas" where conflicts often occur, yoga also helps them stay alert. "Yoga helps soldiers turn negative stress into positive energy, which is necessary for vigilance. Here, vigilance can mean life or death." Lieutenant Colonel Batra said that the yoga class was effective. "Soldiers have Quit drinking and smoking. They're healthier."
What kind of magic does the ancient movement originating from the mysterious East have? What exactly is yoga?
Yoga is a very ancient method of cultivating energy knowledge, combining philosophy, science and art. Yoga is based on ancient Indian philosophy, and mental, physical and spiritual discipline has been an important part of Indian culture for thousands of years. The ancient yogis developed the yogic system because they believed that by exercising the body and regulating the breath, it was possible to take full control of the mind and emotions, as well as maintain an eternally healthy body. Yoga is a Sanskrit word (Yoga). The root of the word yug is to put cattle and horses on the chariot. How to understand the yoga that is now being promoted to the public: Yoga is a philosophy that originated in ancient India, and the yoga we practice now is a kind of sports gymnastics, psychological adjustment, mental development, personal hygiene, and healthy diet. A very effective set of fitness methods.
The formation of yoga
Archaeologists have unearthed a well-preserved pottery in the Indus Valley, which depicts the shape of a yoga figure doing meditation. This pottery has a history of at least 5,000 years. It can be seen that the history of yoga can be traced back. to a more distant era.
In primitive society, people lived in groups and hunted for a living. In the process, people created many static poses with reference to the characteristics of all creatures, just like the famous Huatuo Wuqin opera in China. In the "Introduction to Hatha Yoga", only 84 individuals appeared. The number of poses circulating today is said to be 8.4 million. These actions are classified according to their characteristics and can be divided into:
1. Imitate the postures of animals and plants, such as snake, cat, dog, tiger, tree, etc.;
2. The poses that imitate the human landscape, such as skyscrapers, antennas, magic chairs, airplanes, etc.;
3. Imitation of sports postures, such as diving, etc.
4. Postures that imitate actions in life, such as arm stretching, bean grinding, etc.;
5. Postures named after various Indian gods, such as Krishna, Vichy, Hanuman, etc.
Yoga poses should be smooth, comfortable and relaxing, and consist of the following categories:
Stretching movements such as: warrior first pose, magic chair pose, etc.;
Flexion movements such as: garland type, cannonball type, etc.;
Twisting movements such as: spine twisting, etc.;
Balance movements such as: Warrior Third Form, Bird King Form, etc.;
Handstand movements such as: headstand, scorpion pose, etc.;
Supporting actions such as: inclined plank, two-handed snake, etc.
3. Yoga goes to the world
Yoga is not a religion, but a practice involving body, mind, and spirit. Many churches in the world have learned from yoga, and have also promoted the development of yoga from time to time.
In the 1790s, at the World Exposition held in the United States, Indian yoga master Vivekananda showed yoga to the world. He was the first person to walk out of India and introduce yoga to the world. Since then, Americans have come to know and practice yoga, which has influenced the entire Western countries and even Asia.
The earliest awareness of yoga by contemporary mainland Chinese people should be the Zhang Huilan yoga teaching film broadcast on CCTV in 1985. This is the beginning of many people's awareness of yoga. At first, yoga was carried out in coastal cities and regions in China. In recent years, cities in the mainland have become overwhelmingly popular. China has the largest number of yoga practitioners in the world.
In China, there is a misunderstanding in practicing yoga, which is that yoga is the patent of women. In fact, many yoga masters in the world are men. In India, women only took children to do housework, and men were allowed to practice yoga.
Yoga poses use ancient and easy-to-master techniques to improve people's physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual abilities. It is a movement method that achieves harmony and unity of body, mind and spirit. The ancient Indians believed that man could be one with the sky, and they practiced it by incorporating different yoga practices into their daily life: morality, selfless movement, stable mind, religious responsibility, desirelessness, meditation and the universe of nature and creation.
Fourth, the components of yoga
(1) Yoga asanas (movements, postures) There are three main points of balanced fitness: flexibility, muscle strength, and cardiopulmonary function have been improved and strengthened. When we practice these stretching movements regularly, we will find: 1. Yoga asanas can make us more aware of the health signals sent by our body, and allow us to interpret these signals more accurately;
2. Greatly improve the comfort of the body.
(2) Yoga breathing Deep breathing can wash and nourish our body. Yoga breathing is done through the nose. When inhaling, sufficient oxygen enters the lungs, and every cell in the body can obtain the oxygen needed for activities; exhaling When the body waste will be excreted. Not only that, the body can also communicate with the energy storage area - the solar plexus through breathing, so as to obtain abundant energy and make people younger physically and psychologically.
(3) Yoga diet Yoga advocates a simple and natural way of eating, and the food most admired by yogis is vegetarian food.
(4) Yoga relaxation A good rest and relaxation is very important. If the body and mind are in a state of labor or stress for a long time, the operation efficiency will be reduced. Excessive fatigue and straightening will cause serious damage to the body and spirit. Rest and relaxation is the most natural way to recharge the body, and yoga relaxation techniques can exercise the mind and muscles, and have achieved complete relaxation.
(5) Yoga mindfulness and meditation Regular meditation can make people's minds clearer, focus more concentrated, and think more efficiently. The cultivation of mindfulness helps to purify people's thinking, so that people have wisdom and inner peace.
(6) The right way of life Yoga aims to create a healthy body and spiritual vitality. The right way of life includes: a positive attitude to life and good principles of life, having a kind heart in all aspects of life, not harming any living being in thoughts, words, and behavior, and living in harmony with everything around.
Five, the main schools of yoga
According to the records of the Bhagavad-gita, throughout the history of India, the following schools of yoga are important:
(1) King Yoga - also known as Raja Yoga
This is the way of meditation. Through the eight limbs of yoga, the power of the whole mind is united. This yoga is also the way to control the mind. It consists of the famous eight branches of yoga. The most important classic of the thought of the Raja Yoga school is the Yoga Sutra. It is called the only way to the spiritual world. Emphasis on mindfulness and pranayama. Meditation is usually done using some asanas such as lotus sitting. Wang Yoga actively promotes the eight branches of yoga, namely prohibition, observance, posture, breath regulation, sense control, inner awakening, meditation, and samadhi.
The eight branches of yoga:
1. Forbidden (Yama) They are not to kill, not to corrupt, not to steal, not to prostitute, not to be greedy. These precepts are the norms of social and personal morality, and failure to comply with them can bring chaos, violence, deceit, theft, debauchery, and greed.
2. Compliance (Niyama) Prohibition is a universally applicable code of ethics, while compliance is a code of conduct used to bind individuals. Personal code of conduct: cleanliness, contentment, asceticism, introspection, worship
3. Asana Asana can bring stability, health and lightness to the limbs. A stable and pleasant asana can bring mental stability and prevent impetuousness.
Need a clean and ventilated place, a blanket and a determination, yoga asana practice does not require equipment assistance, because
Yoga believes that the human limbs have provided the conditions of gravity and anti-gravity. By practicing yoga postures, the agility, balance and durability of the body are improved, and the vitality of life is increased.
The names of yoga asanas reflect the laws of yoga evolution over the centuries. Some poses are named after plants, such as tree pose,
Lotus pose; named after insects, such as: locust, scorpion; named after aquatic animals and amphibians, such as: fish, turtle, frog and crocodile; named after birds, such as: peacock, swan Pose; named after four-legged animals: dog, camel, lion. There are also some named after heroic tasks, such as: Hanuman style, Krishna style, etc.
By practicing yoga asanas, such dualistic thoughts as gain and loss, victory and defeat, honor and disgrace, body and spirit will disappear.
4. Pranayama is breathing control
The life of a person who practices yoga is not measured in days but in the number of breaths, so follow the correct rhythm and breathe slowly and elongated. These rhythmic breathing patterns strengthen the respiratory system, calm the nervous system, and reduce cravings for substances. Improper breathing control exercises will cause practitioners to introduce some diseases into the body, such as hiccups, rheumatism, asthma, headaches, etc. It will take a long time to master the correct breathing method of slow elongation and stability.
5. Pratyahara: If one's intellect is subordinated to the senses, one will be lost, but if one has controlled breathing, and the senses are not looking outward for the object of desire, but turn inward, then one will be lost from the senses. To be freed from the bondage of desires, so as to reach the fifth stage of yoga, which is the sense of restraint. The senses are now under control. (conscious control
6. Inner awakening (Dharana) When the body is tamed through the training of asanas, the brain is tempered by the fire of breathing control, and the senses are controlled by the sense of restraint, the yoga practitioner enters the sixth stage called inner awakening. In this Stages are completely focused on one point or fully devoted to a task.
7. Meditation (Dhyana) When the mind meditates on a thing, it will take the form of that thing. As we have seen, when the oil is poured from one container to another, the oil can be seen to flow uninterruptedly. When the concentration is continuous, one enters a state of meditation. Yoga practitioners achieve spiritual enlightenment through the practice of meditation.
8. Samadhi (Samadhi) is the ultimate goal pursued by yoga practitioners. In the highest stage of meditation, it is like entering the state of meditation. At this time, the body and senses are in rest, like falling asleep. The mind and the intellect remain alert, beyond the ordinary state of consciousness. (transcendent forget me)
(2) Hatha Yoga - also known as Hatta Yoga
This is the way to strengthen the body, using the postures and breathing methods in yoga to strengthen the body and enhance the energy. Hatha Yoga focuses on physiology and is a system of body cleansing, breathing and various physical exercise methods.
(3) Wisdom Yoga - also known as Jina Yoga
This is the way of enlightenment. Wisdom Yoga focuses on philosophy and is a system of philosophical speculation that explores issues such as truth and non-truth, permanence and temporality, vitality and matter. Promote the cultivation of knowledge concepts, liberate from ignorance, and achieve divine knowledge, in order to look forward to unity with Brahman.
(4) Karmic Yoga - also known as Practical Yoga
This is the way of pure heart. It is a system of selfless activities and work. Karma Yoga advocates focusing on the inner world and guiding more perfect behavior through inner spiritual activities. During the process, you should be willing to, without asking for anything in return, and be kind to others.
(5) Bhakyu Yoga - also known as Bhakti Yoga
This is the way of love. Through the cultivation of religious sentiments, one learns that the essence of truth is love, and only when one's heart is full of love can one become one with the ultimate truth.
We learn according to the true meaning of yoga, there is no need to divide the faction, because no matter any kind of yoga, it is a tool for the practitioner, and there are many sources of different methods, but the practice of yoga has the same purpose , is to exercise the mind and body, so all styles of yoga are the incomparably rich property of yoga practitioners.
Six, the characteristics and efficacy of yoga
(1) The Seven Wheels and Three Meridians of Yoga
Bottom chakra, reproductive chakra, navel chakra, heart chakra, throat chakra, eyebrow chakra, crown chakra
left, middle, right
(2) The characteristics of yoga
1. The most notable feature of yoga is its regulating effect on the mind, the unification of the body and consciousness. Yoga has the effect of changing the mind, which is also an important reason why modern people accept and love it. Yoga pays more attention to the practice of body postures to achieve the purpose of practicing the mind.
2. The safe and gentle nature of yoga makes it suitable for a wide range of people and can avoid sports injuries. In the yoga class, the music is soothing, the teacher's speech is soft and slow, and the students' body and mind are exercised in a quiet state.
3. Yoga postures can stretch and stimulate the body smoothly, symmetrically, softly and continuously, and after each action is completed, there will generally be corresponding relaxation actions, which have a good stretching and relaxing effect on the body and are comfortable. andAnd smooth.
4. Yoga is not limited by venue, time and economic conditions. It only needs a quiet corner, a clean mat, and a pure heart.
5. Yoga can play an auxiliary medical role in all-round regulation and exercise of the body. It not only exercises external physical fitness, but also can regulate and improve endocrine, microcirculation, and visceral systems in an all-round way. The most commendable thing is, For the "exercise blind spots" such as internal organs, scalp, and back muscles that are almost impossible to exercise on weekdays, yoga also has asanas to take care of them one by one. Therefore, yoga can play an indirect or direct role in the prevention and even treatment of diseases.
6. Yoga also has a complete system, including yoga diet, yoga cleansing method, yoga breathing method, yoga relaxation technique, yoga meditation and meditation, and yoga lifestyle and concept. beyond the scope of general sports.
(3) The effect of yoga
(1) Gain strength, flexibility and balance, and improve cardiorespiratory fitness.
(2) Effective fat reduction and body shaping.
(3) Effectively relieve stress and tension.
(4) Effectively improve physical energy and godly power.
(5) Effective detoxification and beauty.
(6) Effective prevention and treatment of diseases.
(7) Effectively increase vitality, vitality and prolong life.
(8) Effectively develop creativity and enhance memory.
(9) Effectively improve thinking ability and concentrate.
7. The difference between yoga and other sports or acrobatics and dance
(1) Yoga postures are done for the practitioner's own health. It is designed based on the correct sports medicine theory, while some performance projects are for the entertainment of the public, regardless of some seemingly difficult and perfect movements that will hurt the performance. the person's body, etc.
(2) Yoga does not involve competition. Yoga is not a competition, but a physical and mental exercise in a peaceful and peaceful state.
(3) Yoga does not cause heavy breathing, the movements remain controllable from beginning to end, and the steps are very clear.
(4) Yoga practice should cooperate with breathing, and focus on the part being practiced.
(5) According to the standard of health preservation, yoga practice nourishes qi, while many sports are consuming qi.
(6) Many fitness exercises only focus on skeletal muscles, while putting aside the cardiac muscle, smooth muscle, and nervous system, resulting in excessive demand for blood flow supply, causing palpitations, rapid breathing and rapid heart rate, and insufficient nourishment everywhere in the body. Yoga, on the other hand, completely avoids these disadvantages of exercise.
Eight, the precautions for practicing yoga
1. It is advisable to practice yoga on an empty stomach, 3-4 hours after meals, and half an hour after drinking fluids. Yoga movements are all bending, stretching, twisting, pushing and squeezing, which are the characteristics of yoga at this time. E.g:
2. When doing various yoga exercises, you must stretch your body gently at the edge of the limit. Do not push and pull too hard. It is a wrong practice to do movements beyond your limit edge. "On the edge of the limit" means "pain and happiness". Yoga is considered to be a sport with few sports injuries for thousands of years, but why are there so many injured people practicing yoga now? It's not that yoga is bad, but everyone If you don't follow the rules, you must push and pull hard.
3. If you feel exhausted or tremble during the exercise, rest immediately and do not persist.
4. Any exercise will cause delayed muscle soreness. If muscle tension and soreness occur after exercise, do appropriate massage or ice packs.
5. When doing yoga practice, you should focus on the feeling that the action makes in your body, and stay for no less than 4 seconds when each posture is qualitative. When you focus on the sensation of your body and muscles, you will be more able to listen to the conversation between your body and you, you will feel comfortable in your body position, and your body will feel the movement quickly, and you will be able to effectively perceive the effect of the action. , so that the body is quickly guided in a positive direction by this action.
6. Unless otherwise stated, breathe through your nose throughout the exercise. One: Nose hair can filter the dirt in the air, the second: It can make the air more suitable for one's own temperature, and another very important one, yoga believes that people are sick because the breath in the body is disordered in the flow of the meridians. Breathing through the nose helps the breath to flow smoothly in the air channels.
7. Always remember that you must maintain control of your body every time you practice, slow and clear steps, and don't make your body uncontrollable inertial movements.
8. During yoga practice, if you feel the joints of your body make a "click" sound, don't worry, it means that your body is starting to loosen, but the same joint always occurs repeatedly for a period of time and is accompanied by pain , should be paid attention to.
9. Yoga practice should wear loose clothing, preferably barefoot.
10. If you practice hot yoga, be sure to drink a large glass of water (300ml or more) 30 minutes before the practice. Patients with heart disease, high blood pressure and vertigo should not participate in the practice of hot yoga. During the practice of hot yoga, if you feel pressure on your heart and breathing, you must pause and perform deep breathing adjustment on your back, and you must not leave the classroom immediately.
11. Take a bath before or 30 minutes after the practice.
12. Eat one hour after yoga practice. Eating right away can cause weight gain.
13. Girls can do appropriate exercises according to their physical fitness during the physiological period, but they should avoid handstands, abdominal stretching and flipping movements.
14. Practicing yoga does not prevent you from engaging in original sports.
Nine, yoga diet
Yoga advocates a simple and natural way of eating. The food most admired by yoga practitioners is vegetarian food. The energy of vegetarian food comes directly from natural elements such as water, air, and sunlight, which is relatively pure and easy to be digested and absorbed by the human body; vegetarian food can purify the mind. And peace of mind also helps a lot.
Indian yoga sages divide food into three categories:
1. Pleasant food: all kinds of vegetables, fresh fruits, grains, beans, milk, etc., these kinds of food make people relaxed, pure and peaceful.
Benefits: Regular eating can prolong life, purify the mind, and give people strength, health, happiness and satisfaction.
2. Denatured food: food cooked with various irritating condiments. For example, food with excessive salt, monosodium glutamate, chili and other condiments will become denatured food, and eating them will become irritable, impatient, and suffer great physical and mental pressure. So we need to eat more pleasant food.
3. Inert food: including meat and irritating food, such as wine, coffee and fried, roasted, fried food, these foods are easy to make people fat, and their temperament becomes melancholy and restless.
Hatha Yoga believes that a good yoga practice must be accompanied by a good diet. The "Hatta Yoga Lamp" requires the practitioner to fast, a quarter of the stomach should be kept empty, and it is believed that a proper fasting can play a huge role in controlling the mind. Therefore, through reasonable fasting, the toxins hidden deep in the human body can be released efficiently, safely and quickly, and the various organs of the body can be fully rested, and the whole body and mind can be refreshed.
Effects on health: The gastrointestinal system can benefit from a short rest, and it can remove toxins and germs from the body. The one-day fasting method is a popular, simple and safe fasting method in the world, which is of great benefit to the adjuvant treatment of nervous system diseases and various digestive system diseases. Fasting is also a test and exercise of willpower. During the fasting process, your concentration will be improved and your mind will become stronger.
(1) Fasting time
On the 11th day after the full moon and new moon, the gravitational force of the moon will absorb the water from our body to the brain. This excess water disturbs the function of the brain, and is prone to anxiety, high emotions, and strange behaviors. Therefore, before the moon affects our body and mind, we must practice fasting to restrain him, that is, the 11th and 26th days of the lunar calendar are suitable for fasting. It is recommended to fast for one or two days a month, and do not blindly increase the number of fasting days.
(2) Preparations for fasting
One or two days before fasting, eat a meal without meat and high in natural fiber, such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains, etc. Start fasting in the morning, drink liquid food or juice, and do yoga poses, and eat less honey.
(3) Basic principles of fasting
1. Drink as much warm water as possible during the fasting period to help detoxify and clean the body, and the effect is better.
2. When you start fasting, if you feel hungry and have no physical strength, it means that there are many toxins in your body. You can drink lemon water or water, and the fasting effect is better. When the body feels dry, it is best to drink lemonade or water.
3. It is best to ask a yoga teacher how to fast when you are sick.
4. Pregnant women and growing children should not fast.
5. Keep your body warm at all times, keep your body clean, relax your muscles, play soft music, and read some books that nourish your heart.
6. You can sit still. During fasting, human energy cannot take care of the needs of the lower level, and the brain is particularly awake, which is the best time for spiritual practice.
7. You can perform asanas and simple exercises (such as walking) to help detoxify, but don't be too tired, and try to breathe fresh air as much as possible.
(4) The normal response to fasting
1. When the body is unclean, there will be feelings of thirst, tiredness, acidity, and lack of energy.
2. When the gastrointestinal function is not good, there will be a feeling of hunger.
3. When the body is strong, there will be a phenomenon of good spirits and inability to sleep.
4. When there is a lot of toxins on the body, there will be tongue coating and bad breath.
(5) Precautions for refeeding and refeeding
1. Scrape off the odorous tongue coating from time to time during the fasting process.
2. Drink a lot of lemon water (the effect of adding salt is better), which can speed up the removal of toxins from the body.
3. If you have gastrointestinal discomfort after drinking lemonade, you can drink some sugar water or honey water to reconcile it.
4. Before eating breakfast, swallow bananas first. Bananas are alkaline foods with high nutrients, and have the effect of removing odors and toxins, as well as smoothing the intestines. Take a small bite and then swallow directly.
5. If possible, stay for a while before eating breakfast, about half an hour later.
6. The lighter the breakfast and lunch, the better (avoid filling the stomach with toxic acidic foods all at once).
7. After fasting, take a good bath to wash away the toxins eliminated by the sweat glands.
8. After drinking lemonade, I sometimes go to the toilet continuously, which is not diarrhea.
(6) Physiological benefits of fasting:
1. Fasting classes give the entire body system a chance to rest and build strength.
2. Fasting can decompose and eliminate toxic wastes attached to all organs and tissues, and make the whole body clean.
3. Fasting allows all cells, tissues and blood vessels to be rebuilt, and the aging process of the body is relieved.
4. Fasting makes the skin look cleaner and rosier, and acne, skin infections, etc. can all be removed.
5. Fasting relaxes tense nerves, which can eliminate some people's desire or dependence on tobacco and alcohol.
6. Fasting can burn excess fat and allow obese people to lose weight.
7. Fasting can effectively eliminate hemorrhoids, lumps, stones and other unnatural growths.
(7) The psychological effect of fasting
1. The fasting class makes the mind clear, the senses are sharper, and the memory is improved.
2. Fasting enhances people's sensory acuity and can activate people's creativity.
3. Fasting relaxes the nervous system and eliminates anxiety, which can make people rest better and have more energy.
10. Cleaning method
Eye-cleansing technique (one-point gaze method) allows the brain to concentrate, awaken the inner sense, stimulate the lacrimal gland, clean the eyes, and improve the function of the eyes. Relieve nervous tension, depression, insomnia and other symptoms. Strengthen memory, concentration, willpower.
The Nirvana method cleans the nasal cavity and effectively removes bacteria and dirt in the nasal cavity. Prevent colds and nasal diseases, make the brain easy and clear.
Gastrointestinal cleansing method Cleans the internal organs such as the stomach and digestive tract, gently stimulates the spleen, liver, pancreas, mobilizes the internal organs to secrete acidic substances and glandular fluids, and removes excess mucus and food on the stomach wall.
Washing and cleansing the intestines with water removes the residues and toxins in the large intestine, relieves the burden on the large intestine, and prepares the body for samadhi sitting.
Intestinal cleansing method (Skyscraper, Wind-blown Tree, Waist Rotation, Cobra Twist, Abdominal Massage)
11. Yoga Meditation
(1) Types of meditation
1. Om Chanting Meditation
"OM" is the code name of Brahman. The highest purpose of yoga is to communicate with Brahman and become one with Brahman.
2. Voice meditation, also known as voice-guided mind meditation
3. Candlelight meditation
4. Dance meditation
5. Sleep meditation
6. Mind Yoga Meditation
7. Wisdom Yoga Meditation
(2) Precautions for practicing meditation
1. Practice regularly
Try to meditate every day, several times a week, and the time can be controlled within ten to thirty minutes. It is best to meditate at the same time every day, so that after a while, you will find yourself getting used to or desiring a meditation practice.
2. The Right Motivation
Don't think that meditation can give us extraordinary abilities and supernatural powers, otherwise it will lead the practitioners into astray. True meditation is one that enables the practitioner to achieve long-lasting inner peace and a clear meditative motive, which is health, peace of mind, clarity of consciousness, and neural filtering and ultimately growth.
3. Choose the right place for meditation
For meditation practice, choose a quiet or familiar environment. If your residence is not fixed or you travel frequently, you can also try to practice in a quiet and clean place.
4. Choose the right body position
You can choose any sitting posture of yoga for meditation. Of course, it is best to sit in lotus position, butterfly or simple sitting. Keep your chest and back straight, knees relaxed, and adjust your breathing. Do not tilt your body during the meditation process, it is easy to feel sleepy, and try not to choose Meditate in bed.
5. Choose the right way to meditate
At the beginning of the practice, you may want to master all the meditation methods, but this is not possible, you should practice selective practice under the guidance of a meditation teacher, or start with Yujin meditation and a little staring meditation.
5. Master the meditation time
It should be done gradually, from a few minutes to ten minutes to dozens of minutes. A good meditation should be controlled in twenty or thirty minutes. If your practice time makes you feel uncomfortable, stop right away